Having acidity problem due to bad eating habits. Suggest treatment

Hi Dr.Grief Myself XXXX I have lots of problems basically but as o nw my main problem is my stomach. I have very bad habits of eating. like I dnt eat right food, I dnt eat ob right time and many more due to which I have got bad acidity I can hear my stomach gripping anf its very embarrassing in office. can please helo me with this. Regards XXXX
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Choose to follow a strict lifestyle religiously... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, You have reported a problem related to digestion along with solution to it. Nature has designed our bowel to digest all that you eat as per our body demands. Though this function is automated, a proper and timed food schedule will make for smooth digestive function. A hard / indigestive food and irregular meal times over a period of time will cause problems with digestion. What you describe seem to the effects of your lifestyle. Therefore any treatment provided is only going to be a temporary fix. You need to put in strong efforts to modify and follow a strict and healthy life style. A less spicy food taken at regular interval will solve your issues. For the time period, you can start with proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole 20mg twice a day - half an hour before food for 2-3 weeks along with probiotics like sporolac three times a day for a week. If pain and hyperacidity doesn't resolve with rabeprazole, you will need an endoscopy before changing medications. A gastroenterologist will be able to perform this test. Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards