Having acidity and vomiting sensation, taking zintac to get relief. Suggest?

Since few days (can say almost a month), having acidity problems. I'm taking zintac 150 once or twice a week to get some relief. Early morning, after having tea I feel like vomiting.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
better drugs required for you

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern about the acidity problems. Zintac 150 is not sufficient for you.

You need to take better antacids like Pantoprazole or Omeprazole. You need to take the medication for at least 3 weeks continuously. Both these drugs are prescription drugs. Your primary physician can prescribe the exact dosage and duration after examining you.

Please avoid drinking tea early in the morning as you feel like vomiting. Instead, try green tea or herbal tea or a glass of plain cold milk.

Get well soon.