Having acidity and gastric problem. Lost weight. Suggest treatment?

hello doctor
from last 2 years i was having problem of acidity but at present no more acidity problem but still have gas problem and for that reason my weight is not gaining before 2 years my weight was 78 kgs and it goes down once my acidity problem started and it comes to 65kgs and from last 10 months my weight is stable at 67kgs and 68 kgs i need to gain only more 5kgs so how could it be possible and also i am having gastric problem please suggest me good treatment
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take rabeprazole, itopride, gasex, cremaffin plus

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

For acid reflux:
1.Take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like itopride

Few more tips for reflux disease:
1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don’t lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. wear loose clothes

For gas problem:
1.Take tablet gasex by Himalaya company
2.See whether milk or milk products worsen your symptoms if yes then please avoid them
3.Avoid artificial sweetner

For weight gain:
Take high protein diet like pulses, soyabean, and white part of egg (avoid yolk yellow part)

For constipation:
1.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach
2.Avoid foods that contain maida.
3. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed.
4. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily
5. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion
6. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin
7. Another drug is there lubipristone 25 microgram twice a day

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.