Having acid reflux, sweaty hands and tiredness. Taking antidepressant. What's wrong?

Nov 2013

Hi really don't know what's wrong with me been to the doc so many times just had more blood done they have come bk normal suffer from acid reflux I burp all the time but recently I'm getting sweaty hands and feeling really tired I'm bk on my antidepressant again 2weeks into taking them I've had them before and been fine I've just had a sleep and woke up feeling tired and strange again and sweaty hands can't cope with this no more something nuts be wrong am going to have the camera down into my stomach and a stomach scan next week also when I wake up in the morning my mouth is really dry also my vision is not good what's wrong with me.x
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand your discomfort on account of your problems.

Part of your symptoms could be the side effects of antidepressant medications. These include tiredness and dryness of mouth. Nausea and reduced appetite could also be due to them.

These symptoms would reduce over time.

When you say your blood work is normal, I assume that thyroid profile and hemoglobin are also normal, as an excess of thyroid can cause sweaty hands. Other cause of sweaty hands could be anxiety.

Regarding any stomach problem, they would be clearer once you undergo the investigations next week.

Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM