Having acid reflux, difficulty in breathing, pain near penis and lower abdomen. Developed rashes

Hello madam,

Can you help me regarding my health condition. I uploaded some of my resent reports.
Right now I am having acid reflux and one time I felt difficulty in breathing. My stool colour was changed since one month, I am getting serious rashes .

I went to dermatologist . She did couple of blood work and told I had thyroid problem .Just go through my reports and tell me whether I have thyroid problems .

Also I'm getting ticks. I am getting pain near my penis and lower abdomen.

Can u tell me whether malfunction of thyroid is responsible to these problems.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 days later
Rashes definitely have connection with hypothyroidism and are commonly found in autoimmune THYROIDITIS such as Hashimoto's THYROIDITIS. In this condition body begins attacking the thyroid gland.
There are treatment options for under active thyroid and rashes. You are given replacement hormones which are normally manufactured by thyroid gland. Rashes subside once hormone levels of body are back to normal, but in the meantime you have to be on your antihistamines preparations to alleviate your discomfort.
You can get TPO antibody testing done to confirm the presence of Hashimoto's THYROIDITIS.
It may take few months for your thyroid hormone levels to get back to normal.
However I would like to add one thing that it is quite possible that your rashes may have some different reason like food or any other allergy (you already are allergic to dust and coconut and may have some more allergens for your cause). But in the mean time you should be treated by thyroxine hormones.
As far as other problems are concerned, they don't seem to have any connection with your hypothyroidism.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck