Having acid reflux. Getting burning sensation in mouth. How to solve this problem?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have acid reflux which is causing my mouth to burn . It was my tongue and lips but most of the time it is my tongue except overnight I get some burning on my lips as well. Is there anything I can do to solve this. My doctor gave me pantoloc five days ago and that was when it seemed to get better. But my tounge is still sore in the middle. What can I do to make my tongue better.
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 39 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and i am pleased to answer your question.

If tongue is affected by acid reflux, that indicates you are having quite severe reflux.

Continue taking pantoloc. Take it twice a day half an hour before food.
Anaesthetic antacid gel would be beneficial. You can take gaviscon/carafate.

Sometimes the burning could be due to nutritional deficiency. You may consider taking vitamin supplements.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having acid reflux. Getting burning sensation in mouth. How to solve this problem? 13 minutes later
Can I buy anaesthetic antacid gel over the counter or is a prescription required

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 28 minutes later
Gaviscon is available OTC.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini