Having achy neck and pain in cervical area around the base of skull. Swollen and sore. Is the pain coming from cervical area?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
I've been having at achy neck and pain from this certain cervical area around the base of my skull I can film sore nodules and just basically achy left side of the knack of it hurts when I turn my my head to the left and am even paying down to the last shoulder on top but I spend a lot of time on the On the bed resting my head I love on my left arm while I type and eat and do things with my right hand that seems irritated but today is the gland got a little swollen and sore and I could feel it even in down inside my mouth under the time so I'm just curious about this is seems to be the main pain Is coming from the cervical area please advise.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 5 hours later
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
Swollen cervical glands happen when throat gets infected.
Its usually viral so no need to worry . Gargling should help and acetaminophen can be taken for the swelling .
If the swelling doesn't settle and you get high fever , you need throat swab for strep and antibiotics may be needed.
Wishing you speedy recovery.
Dr Arun