Having achy limbs, no fever, brain shivers and weakness in legs. What are the complications?

my granddaughter is having achy limbs, no fever, brain feels like it is pounding shivers, legs weak and stomach feels like she ate too fast she is nine
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 2 hours later

Thank you for addressing the query on WWW.WWWW.WW My name is Dr. Taher, and I will try and answer the question for you.

The symptoms of your grand-daughter seem to fit into a viral illness of mild to moderate intensity. The absence of fever is not too surprising for a virus. The pain in the limbs, the wooziness in the stomach and the weakness all seem to suggest a virus affecting her muscles and her stomach at the same time.

You might want to consider giving her paracetamol (syrup) to reduce the pain in the limbs. However, rest and a light but nutritious diet are also equally important.

Do get back to me with more details of her illness - for example, when it started, how bad is her limb pain, whether she has watery eyes or small ulcers on the angles of her mouth, whether she is eating well or not, etc.

I will await your further input.

With best wishes,

Dr. Taher (Mumbai, India)
Follow-up: Having achy limbs, no fever, brain shivers and weakness in legs. What are the complications? 36 minutes later
she has no watery eyes or ulcers and is eating ok, but she has been ill since Thursday and now she does have a low grade fever. Should I keep her home from camp tomorrow?
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 1 hour later
Dear friend,

You would be better off making her rest for a few days. If her fever does not subside btu
by morning, please don't send her.

With my good wishes for a speedy recovery.