Having aching, burning pain in thigh behind knee and lumps in thigh. Experiencing nausea, hot flashes and cold sweats. What could it be?

I have been having a aching, burning pain in my thigh, behind knee and down to my ankle. I occasionally have felt little lumps in my thigh and behind my knee in different areas. I also experience nausea, wieght loss (20lbs in 2 months), loss of appetite, hot flashes and cold sweats. Could this be one issue or two seperate issues? What could it be?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

I went through your symptoms with diligence. In my opinion, there seems be a link between all your symptoms; however you may have more than one issue that is causing them. Let me take this opportunity to explain what I meant.

1. It is natural that you would be facing nutritional deficiency secondary to nausea, low appetite and reduced food intake. Reduced food intake leads to multivitamin deficiency, mineral deficiency as well as anemia which might be responsible for aching muscle and the burning sensation. There are vitamin and mineral supplements available over the counter which can partly take care of those symptoms. But before starting them, I recommend you to get individual blood tests to isolate deficient nutrients and correct them accordingly. Your local physician can recommend specific tests.

2. Enlarged and tortous veins may be responsible for those occasional lumps felt in your thighs and behind knee. It is not linked to your other symptoms.

3. Though I am able to figure out the following two possibilities, I am unable to determine the root cause/s for nausea, weight loss, loss of appetite, hot flashes and cold sweats which is going on for awhile now. It might be due to hormonal changes, metabolic changes, an underlying infection or may be a gut problem. A battery of test is definitely necessary to identify the root cause. I recommend that you visit a board certified physician at the earliest and start treatment beginning with correction of nutritional deficiency.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.