Having abdominal pain with feeling of passing stool after having lunch. Underlying cause?

After having lunch (may be couple of hours after), I feel like passing stool and gas. It has become a habit for me now and feel uncomfortable as pressure builds up in the stomach most of the time.
I feel like passing stool minimum 2 to 3 times a day.
Sometimes I feel little pain in the upper part of the stomach and pain is very minute and not very often.
I do go to gym almost everyday and have a healthy life style with no smoking and drinking issues.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
The symptom complex that you have described is an exxagerated form of a normal reflex called as gastrocolic reflex. This is normally seen in infants and gets suppressed as you age. However it resurfaces with any intestinal inflammation or infection.
This can be broken by going on a milk free diet for a couple of weeks some zinc and fibre supplements in the form of zincovit tab twice a day and ispghul powder 3 tsp in 250ml of water at bed time for two weeks. Taking some probiotics will also help
If ypu are still symptomatic after two weeks of this protocol then you ned investigations to rule out an intestinal inflammatory state
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain with feeling of passing stool after having lunch. Underlying cause? 8 minutes later
Thank you sir,

I forget to mention i use to drink almost half a liter of milk everyday, Is it harmful ?
I use to take packet milk and microwave it for 2 mins and drink it.
Do you think i should cut down that permanently ?
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 26 hours later
As you age your ability to digest milk goes down and excess milk cause symptoms similar to yours. Hence try to be off milk for a trial period of two weeks.