Having abdominal pain on and off. Ultrasound normal. Suggest?

Endocrinologist
Question
hi I have been having abdominal pain on n off had whoke abdomen check thru ultrasound its normal. what could it be?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 minutes later
Hi, you have not mentioned the exact sit of your abdominal pain. But as you have already undergone ultrasound which shows everything normal then the possibilities are 1. gastritis - for which you require antacids, 2. flatulence - for which you might require laxative. 3. enteritis - if there is associated loose motion, then you require antibiotics. regards!

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain on and off. Ultrasound normal. Suggest? 9 minutes later
thanks. its not cancer?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, All abdominal pains are not cancers. Though just by having one Normal ultrasound making or ruling out a big diagnosis of cancer is not possible. The more common probable causes I have already told you. For ruling out cancer, you must check your CBC, ESR, LFT, RFT, MRI abdomen. regards!

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain on and off. Ultrasound normal. Suggest? 9 hours later
had cbc done

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
what is the report of CBC?

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, good that you have CBC done. what is the report ? Did you see somebody with the report? Regards!

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain on and off. Ultrasound normal. Suggest? 15 minutes later
everything is normal. btw im a girl:) thanks:)

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Being a girl is normal too.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'm I am just joking. Probably you specified because I had addressed Sir to uou. I am sorry for that. If everything is normal, take a chill pill. See a good gastroenterologist for abdominal pain and relax. Regards!

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain on and off. Ultrasound normal. Suggest? 16 minutes later
hehe yup I should tnx

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
sure ma'm.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'm, take care !