Having abdominal pain, nausea, headaches, white stool and pain in the legs. Should I be concerned?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
For almost a year now I have abdominal pain, nausea, headaches and now I have white stool and pain in the legs, does any of this ring a bell?
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is suggestive of some problem with the biliary system

It would be better if you go for a Liver Function panel and an abdominal Ultrasound and get back to me

Hope this helps
Get back with the reports and I will sort your issues
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain, nausea, headaches, white stool and pain in the legs. Should I be concerned? 33 minutes later
the Liver Function panel came back normal and so did the abdominal ultrasound. The pain in the legs puzzles me : could it be a thyroid or autoimmune problem?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Hi

Thanks for the information

I would suggest you observe for a day or two and if the color of stool does not change you need to go for the reports again

If the color changes it could be non specific digestive problem

In the mean time add a probiotic twice a day for ten to fourteen days and an antacid

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain, nausea, headaches, white stool and pain in the legs. Should I be concerned? 3 hours later
the color of stool has not changed for weeks; I already am taking the antacid and probiotic for 2 weeks; here in Montreal, it takes over a year to see a grastroenterologist, and given that i have been sick for a year already on and off, I am getting worried and anxious to find a solution. Any word of advice?

Thanks a lot,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXX

Am sorry to learn you have been suffering for a year

Do not worry we will try to take care of your health

I would suggest you take a probiotic for six weeks and get the stool examination done

In the mean time manage your stress levels, reassure yourself as you Liver function along with ultrasound is normal

Hope this helps
Do not hesitate to write back - Just XXXXXXX it urgent and I will revert back in less than a hour
Wishing you a speedy recovery