Having abdominal pain, diarrhea. No food allergies or fever. What could be this?

Hi. I am thinking of going to the doctor but I wanted to ask somebody before I go. For the last week I've been having alot of abdominal pain and going to the bathroom alot. The pain is really sharp and it just comes and goes quickly. Ive been having diarrhea alot and its like the pain comes and i go bathroom and then its gone but it comes back again. There really isnt a pattern except I have alot of pain before i go to the bathroom then after I go its gone. My diet is the same like always I havent changed what I usually it and I have no food allergies. I dont have a fever though I am somewhat tired even with a good nights rest. I also feel kinda bloated too. Seems to happen to if i sat down for a little bit the symptoms pop up.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 3 hours later

Abdominal pain that settles down after bowel movement with frequent stools suggests the possibility of inflammation of colon. This may be related to irritable bowels too wherein psychological stress and physical factors play an important role.

Whatever the reasons might be, you have taken the right decision to see a doctor. I recommend you see a competent gastroenterologist. He/she after a careful abdominal examination and special tests such as barium enema / colonoscopy will be able to exclude all other condition.

Hope this answers your query. You can write back if you have more queries.

Kindest Regards