Having abdominal pain, burping and constipation. Is this IBS or H Pylori infection?

Jun 2015

I am male 54 years old with no allergies. I have never smoked and rarely drink alcohol. Recently I have been having addominal pain, burping, constipation. When I go to the wasroom, my urine seems normal, but my stools are small, pebble like but are normal brown. I also have been sensing cold hands and cold feet. Based on my research so far it sounds like IBS or possibly an infection like H. Pylori. Thoughts?
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 51 minutes later

The symptoms like abdominal pain, burping, constipation can be due to:
1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome
2. Intestinal obstruction
3. H.pylori infection
4. Side effects of any medication
5. Allergy to certain food products

So, it will be better to consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper physical examination done.
So that appropriate management steps could be taken.

Investigations like Ultrasound scan of abdomen & endoscopy will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Please let me know if there are any other associated symptoms like heartburn, blood in stool and also if the pain is localized to a particular region of stomach or present diffusely.
This will help me in making a better diagnosis.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.