Having abdominal pain, bleeding during intercourse. Suspected for pre cancer cells on cervix. Any ideas?

hi, I have been bleeding for 8 months. haven't stopped the only time I get breaks is every once in awhile like a few days here and there. Also every time I have sex It hurts me and makes me bleed. and if I push on my stomach it hurts me on my right side and also in the center of my stomach. and I did go to the doctor 9 months ago they said they found pre cancer cells on my cervix. What does this mean do I have the cancer full blown now or what do you think id going on? Please help me.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I will explain it a little: Most of the adult population carries HPV virus. Some of this population may develop precancerous lesions on skin and mucosa.
The pre-cancer cells found on cervix are usually followed-up at long intervals as they may diminish and go away spontaneously. Sometimes, the lesions may become cancerous, usually after many years. The usual symptom of cervical cancer is post-coital bleeding. Offensive vaginal discharge may also be present. Other symptoms can be backache, weight loss, urinary frequency and bladder pressure. If treated early it carries a good prognosis.

It is important that you go for a repeat pap-smear and preferably with colposcopy to figure out the cervical lesions. You will need an appointment with a gynecologist for the same. It is also advisable to go for other tests like Female hormone levels, pelvic ultrasound, etc. to rule out other causes of increased bleeding.

Meanwhile you also need to get tested for anemia. If your blood hemoglobin parameters are low then you will need supplements accordingly.

Hygienic diet, fruits and green vegetables and regular exercise help in boosting immunity.

I hope I addressed your concerns

Dr Vaishalee