Having abdominal pain and unable to eat spicy food. Looking for cure

Jan 2013

i am often feeling pain in abdomn and not able to eat spicy foods and bad smell coming out from mouth .
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 25 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with gastric problems.
Do you have excessive flatulence/ acidic belching/ abdominal heaviness/ excessive gargling sounds from stomach?
Do you have positive family history of diabetes/ thyroid disorder?
Are you a smoker?

With the available describes symptoms, there appears to be possibility that you are suffering from dyspepsia with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Upper abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, burning sensation in chest and abdomen, abdominal discomfort, abdominal heaviness and excessive flatulence all these symptoms are collectively called as Dyspepsia.
Dyspepsia could be due to peptic ulcer disease.

Peptic ulcer disease may be in form of chronic gastritis, fundal gastritis, nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis and gastric & duodenal ulcer, adenocarcinoma of stomach and GERD (all these disease are diagnosed by endoscopy).
Helicobacter pylori bacteria is responsible for peptic ulcer treatment and eradication is essential for complete relief.
Bad smell from mouth could be due to decreased gastrointestinal motility with spoiling of accumulated food.
Smoking increases acid production in stomach with increased possibility of gastric problems.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for complete hemogram, thyroid profile and blood sugar, urea breath test for H. Pylori bacteria.
If urea breath test is found to be positive then you must have to take treatment against Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
You should also go for endoscopy along with biopsy for better clarification.

Kindly follow these dietary restrictions:
1) Avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, onion, garlic, oily and spicy food (particularly at night times), tea and coffee.
2) Keep difference of 3 hours between meals and sleep.
3) Take soft diet along with yogurt.
4) Take frequent small amount meals.

Although Nexpro 20 mg will give you partial symptomatic relief but for exact diagnosis and better cure, you must go for above mentioned investigations.

Let me know the results.

Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava