Having abdominal pain and refusing to drink more water. Should I visit ER?

General Surgeon
Hi my wife had a strong pain this morning. We went to see a doctor and she has pain killer. Pain is not that bad at the moment, but after drinking water and tea all afternoon, she can't pass the water and refusing drink more water. Should we go to hospital?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Where is the pain located? Is it abdominal pain? And if so, is it lower or upper abdominal pain, on the right or left side? Does the pain radiates to the back, to the leg or groin? Is her abdomen bloated? When were her last stool? Does she have any constipation/diarrhea? Is there any blood in stool? Any nausea, vomiting, fever? Any legs swelling?
Lac of urine for a day is called acute renal failure and when not treated is life threatening. That is why it is advisable to visit ER as soon as possible.
There can be many reasons of such condition. I can give more exact answer knowing the answers for questions asked in the first part of this post.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.