Having abdominal pain and missing period. Symptoms of pregnancy?

ENT Specialist
pregnancy I havent gotten my period yet it was due three days a go and I'm having sever abdominal pain I had an hcg the lady said I had low numbers that it was to early or I wasn't pregnant but my abdominal pain was so bad I couldn't get out of bed whats wrong
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query

I have gone through your query regarding acute abdominal pain though you have missed your periods and overdue for three days only. Now it is hard to say about pregnancy but it is necessary to rule out other causes of acute abdominal pain like-

(a) Dyspepsia may or may not with gastritis or gastic ulcer.

(b) Cholecystitis (Gall bladder pain )

(c) Nephritis and Renal stones / Ureteric stone.

(d) Appendicytis.

(e) Colitis.

(f) Acute cystitis.

(g) P.I.D.(pelvic inflammatory disease)

To find out the real cause you have to do these basic investigations-

(1) Ultrasonography of whole abdomen.

(2) Blood - CBC, ESR, blood sugar- (F. & P.P.), serum creatinin, SGPT, Serum bilirubin.

(3) Urine - Routine and microscopic.

(4) stool examination.

At present you may take antispasmodic analgesic and antacid to get some relief than after make yourself examined by Physician / Gynaecologist to finalise the diagnosis and treatment.

Follow-up: Having abdominal pain and missing period. Symptoms of pregnancy? 44 minutes later
thank u
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 19 minutes later

Thanks for consulting H.C.M.

Your satisfaction is my pleasure.