Having abdominal pain and gastritis. Can a tanning bed damage organs?

i have been having abdominal pain and discharge and gas after laying in a tanning bed. is it possible that it is reaching my XXXXXXX organs? can a tanning bed damage your organs?

Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I don't think the tanning bed is responsible for your symptoms.

Only the abdominal pain might have caused due to muscle spasm, which may sometimes do happen after using tanning bed.

It will be better if you mention the site of abdominal pain and also any history of eating something that you don't eat regularly.

Abdomen pain and gas may be due to food that you have consumed. The food or the drink might have resulted in GI irritation that might be responsible for your problem.

I advice you to avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking for few days. You can consider taking the over the counter proton pump inhibitor for abdominal pain if it is due to GI irritation or you analgesic gel for local application if due to muscle spasm.

Follow this conservative measures, you will be fine. If the symptom persists i advice you to consult the physician for examination and exact diagnosis.

Regarding discharge, if the incidence occurred once no need to worry, it it is continuous it is better to see OBG specialist.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain and gastritis. Can a tanning bed damage organs? 38 minutes later
Can a tanning beds rays damage XXXXXXX organs?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Good to hear from you.
Ultraviolet radiation does not penetrate deeply enough into the skin to affect XXXXXXX organs. Your symptoms don't appear to be due to it.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.