Having abdominal pain and diarrhea. Taking imodium. Looking for solution

My wife (37 yrs old) developed severe abdominal pain while walking outside today. She has severe diarrhea made better by taking imodium. She is now crampy and in a great deal of pain. Moving makes the pain worse. Lying still seems to help make it better. She has eaten only gatorade, jello and saltine crackers since this developed
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Since it is an acute onset on pain, I would advice an early medical attention. You can take her to her doctor or ER.

Though the crampy pain could be due to gut infection which may be also responsible for the diarrhea, the prudent thing to do is get her examined immediately.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain and diarrhea. Taking imodium. Looking for solution 22 hours later
Shortly after my original inquiry to you, and before the response arrived, the bleeding got worse so I took her to the closest ER (we live in a rural area, closest is about 25 miles). She is currently under the care of a doctor and will remain hospitalized for probably one more day before being released.

Thank you for your help, XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
I wish her a speedy recovery.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini