Having abdominal pain and diarrhea. On BP medicine and prilosec for heartburn. Suggest?

yes, my stomach hurts me every day. Usually after i have been up a while or later in the day after i eat. Then i have to go to the bathroom, 2 or 3 times before it will stop hurting. It has been like this for about 3 or 4 months now. I drink a big glass of oj every morning,and have been for years, does that have anything to do with my trouble?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Diarrhoea and abdominal pain are some side effects of Omeprazole (Prilosec). I do not think orange juice can cause your issue now.

Talk to your doctor about medication for heart burn, as Omeprazole OTC may not be suitable for you. There are other medications that can work without these issues.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.