Having abdominal pain. What are the side effects of domstal and CYRA tablets?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
What are the side effects of Domstal (Domperidone) and CYRA (Rabeprazole) tablets ? I am using these tablets for last ten days. These were prescribed for me after I got a bloody vomiting and XXXXXXX Weiss syndrome diagnised. As a side effect of a pain killer, I got abdominal pain. Subsequently I vomitted almost 500ml of blood. However it was the food that came out first and then blood. Endoscopy was done and it was found scrathes like things in food pipe and some swellings like Duodenum.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Domperidone and Rabeprazole are safe medicines and would cause no issues for a short period

As a matter of fact safety of Rabeprazole has been established for more than ten years of continuous use

You should avoid pain killers and follow the treatment of your physician

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Follow-up: Having abdominal pain. What are the side effects of domstal and CYRA tablets? 16 hours later
Thank you Doctor for the reply.
Basically I want to know why I need to use these medicines and what and how these medicines (Domstal (Domperidone) and CYRA (Rabeprazole)) are beneficial what happens If I dicontinue after taking them continuously for a month ? I mean to ask ....are these medicines addictive in nature ?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later

Desribing pharmacology is out of scope of any forum, these will help you control your reflux and hyperacidity

If you take care of what I have advised you you can discontinue after one month

No not addictive

Hope this clears your doubts
Have a healthy life ahead