Having abdominal pain. Tested positive for H. pyori bacteria. Taking omeprazole, clarithromycin. Found blood in mucus

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
After recent abdominal pains, blood tests positive for H. Pyori bacteria. After GP visit was prescribed Omeprazole, metronizadole and Clarithromycin. Last two mornings when clearing my throat, my post nasal drip contains quite a bit of fresh, red blood in mucus.I have no sore throat and no coughing.
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 49 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Your past history of Sinusitis could have made it chronic, though you do not have acute problem, post nasal drip is suggestive of acute on chronic inflammation

There is no reason any of the mentioned medicines can cause bleeding

Yet as you are already on clarithromycin, it will take care of any residual infection of the sinuses

Again not to miss is the fact that if this continues for another 48-72 hours, you should see an ENT surgeon

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a speedy recovery