Having abdominal pain. Lost weight. Billirubin count is 3.9. Suggest

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor
I am having abdominal pain in right side below my rib cage and billirubin count is 3.9
and i lost around 10 kg in 1 and half month ...since i am not eating any fatty food ...iam eating less rice and more fruits and vegetable and drinking lots of water for the past 1 and half month

Initial diagnosis from ultrasound stated that liver size is normal but fatty liver
Alpha Feto protein test is also normal (2.5 ng/ml) XXXXXXX test is also in normal range
Iam worried whether it could be a some other complicated issue, Please advice
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.
It would have been more helpful if you would have given the reason for not eating fatty food, and less rice, etc. Are you overweight for which you are dieting ? If you have been diagnosed as Gilbert's syndrome, dieting and consuming less of calories can give rise to increased level of bilirubin in your blood. Fatty liver in the ultrasound abdomen could be a coincidental finding. Once you start consuming normal amount of calories in your diet, the bilirubin level may come down of its own. If however the level increases persistently in spite of that, then I would suggest you to see your family physician/gastroenterologist for further investigations and needful. Wishing you an early recovery.