Having abdominal pain. Getting tingling and burning sensation on belly button. What is wrong?

Abdominal pain on the left side resulting in numbing/tingling/burning of the skin from my belly button all the way around to my spine only on the left side. Please help.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later
Thank you for the query,
Possibly it could be dyspepsia along with backache leading to these symptoms. Another possibility is a spine problem leading to nerve compression and causing pain ( though uncommon especially at your age).
Rarely it could be an urinary problem like infection or stone disease.
Worthwhile getting an sonography and urine done if pain is severe.
Uncommonly but spine problem need to be ruled out if symptoms worsen with posture or movements.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.