Having abdominal pain. Felling bloated. Taking paracetamol. Pain killers?

General Surgeon
I have pain in my abdomen, hurts when I take a deep breath, more painful on right hand side like a general feeling of bloating but I'm not constipated
I've had a few flare ups over the past year but in the last week it has woken me in the night and now is not really going away at all just lessening to a dull ache? I am taking paracetamol and upset stomach fizz which helps deaden the pain
I am going away on holiday tomorrow for a week so can you suggest what I can do to keep it at bay? Painkillers?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 26 minutes later
Pain in the abdomen,particularly on the right side in females can be due to Gallbladder stones.
As you are going for holiday tomorrow,Please take Antibiotic like Cefpodoxime,anti inflammatory drug with paracetamol as combination,antispasmodic dicyclomine and Rabeprazole tablets.
After your holiday get an Ultrasound abdomen to rule out gallstones.
If you come back with ultrasound scan report,i will clarify further
Wish you good health