Having abdominal pain. Feels pain during laughing, coughing, sneezing and sudden movement. Pregnant?

I am having dull pains running down both my sides. Between my lungs and hips, and down into my lower abdomen. It almost feels like a sore muscle ache but I haven't done anything that would cause that. It's made worse by laughing, coughing, sneezing, sudden movement, and other things like that. I have suspicions that I am pregnant, but I'm not sure that would cause this.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
The pains that you are having are not likely to be related to pregnancy.
The pain is more likely to be a muscular pain due to overwork or a generalized viral infection.
The symptoms are likely to subside in next 4-5 days with rest and mild pain killers like acetaminophen. In case the pain is persistent then consider having an ultrasound scan of abdomen to detect any intra abdominal pathology.
If your periods are overdue then it is recommended to test you urine using a home pregnancy kit available over the counter at the pharmacies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.