Having abdominal pain. Feeling pain while breathing deeply. Is this a sign of an illness?

I am a 20 year old female. I have been having some abdominal pain. Not usualy a big deal. I do notice however, the pain is pretty intense sometimes and other times, it is just a dull, slightly noticable pain. Also i noticed that my abdomen and the area right at and inferier to my diaphragm are extreamly sensitive to touch. I have occastional nausea. If I take a XXXXXXX breath, it feels as though my lungs compress my diaphragm which hurts as well. I could really use some infromation before I visit my normal physician, who may send me for expensive tests. Another opinion would be nice to have before I go any further. Thank you
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thank you for posting this query.

The pain that you have described could be due to one of the following reasons
acid-peptic disease, inflammation of gall bladder/liver/pancreas etc., pathology in the lower part of lung, etc. The skin sensitivity around that area could point towards the underlying inflammation.

A detailed clinical examination by a qualified physician and relevant investigations will help us narrow down the possibilities. Note that the tests which may be required are ultrasound abdomen and/or endoscopy and/or X XXXXXXX chest with some blood tests. I hope this wont be costly for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Best wishes