Having abdominal cramping, rapid weight loss, skin around eyes becoming blue. Ultrasound normal. Help?

hi there I am a 25 year old male I have been to three different doctors and have had many blood tests and two ultrasounds preformed. Doctors have also cleaned my stomach out twice over the last three weeks and nobody can find anything wrong with me so far. each doctor has also told me different things first they thought it was my liver then I was told by a different doctor that my liver was very healthy almost like new. I am starting to be very impatient and worried by this if you can shed some light it will be very helpful my symptoms are as follows
very strong stomach cramping mostly in the upper abdominal area when standing the pain is worse than when seated or lying down
rapid weight two months I have lost 16 kilos
i have not noticed any other changes in my body except the skin around my eyes is becoming a black blue shade and more often than not i feel bloated.
the findings from my upper abdomen ultrasound are as follows
The gallbladder, biliary ducts, liver, spleen, pancreas, aorta and kidneys are normal. There are no gallstones. The common bile duct measures 4mm. Normal hepatopetal direction of flow in the main portal vein. The right kidney measures 10.3cm and the left kidney 12cm length. There is no free fluid in the abdomen.
thank you for your help XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX

I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

You are having diarrhea along with significant weight loss. Blackening around eyes may be due to vitamins deficiency and crampy abdominal pain may be due to malabsorption of one of the sugars.

You required to be evaluated in the form of:
1. Complete haemogram to see any fall in Hemoglobin, if any type of anemia
2. Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody levels, Thyroid profile, stool examination for faecal fat and reducing substance
2. Endoscopy and duodenal biopsy to see for characteristics of malabsorption syndrome

On the basis of above investigation, further advise can be given. So I advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you.

Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having abdominal cramping, rapid weight loss, skin around eyes becoming blue. Ultrasound normal. Help? 1 hour later
thank you for that information I will look into those tests. Also I have had a few friends mention Crohns disease do you think that could also be possible?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 2 hours later
Hello! XXXXXXX almond. Thanks for the feedback, I really enjoyed that.

It is possible that it may be Crohn's disease also. However first we should look whether it is really organic or not for which you have to you to undergo above mentioned tests.

To rule out that apart from above tests you may need to have CRP and ESR levels. It can be picked up on duodenal biopsy only may be sometimes. And if it is not then you may require ileoscopy or may be small bowel enteroscopy.

Thanks a lot for your doubts and really they are most welcome

I am sorry for delay as I was busy throughout today