Having abdominal and lower back pain, burning sensation in the abdomen. Vaginal discharge. Not pregnant

5 days ago I started having abdominal and lower back pain that felt just like a contraction. It lasted about 2 hours nonstop. Now I've had discomfort in the lower right side of my abdomen. I've had no constipation. I have had Some discharge. I am not pregnant. It hurts worse when I push on the lower right side.. sends a sort of burning feeling throughout my whole abdominal area.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later

Thanks for writing your problem to us.

Your history suggests that there is something wrong in your lower right abdomen which hurts when you press it, right? In addition you have a discharge. Please note that a discharge which is not foul smelling & is not associated with itching is usually normal.

I don't know which method of birth control you are on? When was your last period? Do you have any history of overdue or an abnormal period in the past month?

Remember all methods of birth control have some failure rate. So, you must exclude the possibility of an abnormally sited pregnancy as a cause of your pain by doing a pregnancy test preferably a blood pregnancy test.

If the pain is severe and persisting, I recommend you should visit to a hospital ER and get yourself evaluated to exclude other possibilities of acute abdominal emergencies (e.g. appendicitis), ovarian cysts, infections and so on. I think a pelvic ultrasound scan, a complete blood count & a urine detailed report will aid in diagnosis.

If I provided the desired response please don't forget to accept it. I will be available if you like to discuss this further.

Hope you get well soon.