Having abdomen pain. Blood test, X-ray and CT scan all normal. What could be the cause?

my right hand side abdomen pain for past 10-days, have had 3-blood tests, xray, ultrasound, CT scan with contrast 2-days ago, GP noted they cannot see any physical issue nor physiological issue.
was advised to rest 5-days then if pain still exists at same leverl of pain then GP will send me to Gastro-enterologist.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 6 hours later
Thank you for the query.
Since it is recent onset pain it definitely needed evaluation. Since all the test mentioned by you are normal likely there is not much to worry about.
Hope they have done liver function test in the blood tests mentioned as it is important to look for bile duct stones (but rare to be missed on CT Scan or sonography.) Also look for any skin rash to rule our herpes infection in that area.
Other possibilities are rib inflammation simulating pain in lower chest or upper abdomen (which is a clinical diagnosis).
I suggest you can wait for 5 days which will give time for any muscular or rib pain to settle.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.