Having a white bump on penis shaft after anal sex. Is it a STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
hey, I have a white bump on my penis shaft and a red line (like a scar) going up to the head from that bump. it's half as long as my penis but it doesn't hurt. but still i'm worried. i've had this now for like 2 months, it didn't change since then. it appeared after anal sex without condom, I think. so it might be an std
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: This scar that you are describing is "perineal(penile) raphe" which is normally seen in men. This is something that you have all your life and someitmes it can become more visible in inflammation/infection or as a result of STD, chronic friction or scratching. This white bumo indicates bacterial infection and it looks to me like folliculitis so if you dont have some other symptoms such as discharge,pain,fever,rash or othe bumps on penis, I dont think this is STD. I suggest to try with antibiotic/antifungal cream(nystatine), emollient like petrolatum (vaseline) twice daily, and avoid scratching the area,keep it clean and dry. It should pass in 1 weeks, If not,or other symptoms occur,then you should do STD test and systemic antibiotics may be necessary. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask.Regards