Having a vibrating sensation in upper left chest heart area. What could it be?

I have had a vibrating sensation in my upper left chest heart area for 3 days but its getting worse, what should I do
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 35 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The limited information provided is not enough to arrive at an appropriate conclusion...
Especially so, being a diabetic (which is a risk factor for heart). In Diabetics, the presentation could be atypical, even misleading (at times, no symptoms!).
Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on.
You need examination and investigation...You should see a cardiologist. EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck