Having a tonsil stone in mouth between wisdom tooth and tonsil. Cure?

ENT Specialist
I saw my dentist last week and he referred me to an oral surgeon who wants me to see and ear & throat specialist. He said it was too far back in the mouth for his expertise. My dentist thought it may be a tonsil stone, but the oral surgeon doesn’t think it is because it’s almost like a small water blister that keeps coming back in the same spot after popping it. The doctor popped it last Wednesday with an instrument & removed white skin and it came back two days later. I have also popped it 4or 5 times in the last month and it keeps coming back. It is in the back of my mouth to the left of the tonsil in the soft tissue area between wisdom tooth and tonsil (not between tooth and cheek). You can’t really see it unless I stick out my tongue and then it appears just above and behind the bottom wisdom tooth on left side. After popping it, the area is slightly sore and then the blister starts to grow over the next 24-48 hours when I can pop it with my tongue or finger (max size may be 2 MM, like size of a pimple). Any guesses as to what this could be?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follicular Tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:

From the information submitted by you it looks like you are suffering from follicular tonsillitis( Here tonsillar crypts are full of infected cheesy material which shows on the surface as yellowish spots). Sore throat also the main symptom of this disease.

Follicular tonsillitis is of two type acute or chronic (Recurrent attack of acute tonsillitis).
Medication such as proper antibiotic and mouthwash will help. You need to consult an ENT specialist for management of the same.

I hope this information has been both sufficient and helpful for you. In case of any doubt , I will be available to answer them.

Wish you Good Health