Having a severe lower back ache. Suggest a resolution?

Spine Surgeon
I am having a severe lower back ache from the past 2-3 months. Please suggest a resolution.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Severe back pain may be due to back muscle spasm and disc prolapse. It needs to be investigated. Do you have any leg pain? Any tingling or numbness in legs? Any spine xrays done?
Usually it is treated with anti inflammatory with muscle relaxants and local gel application. Also start physiotherapy such as ift or lumbar traction.
I would suggest to consult orthopaedic get spine xrays to rule out serious spine issue. Thanks.