Having a serious panic attack- Possibley ran over a skunk,

Excellent

Question
Having a serious panic attack-

Possibley ran over a skunk, the skunk was already dead, i seerved to avoid it, i dont know if i hit it, i dont think so but i dont know

20 min later i got to the airport, my pants leg brushed against the door- is it possible that some brain material got on my door then on my pants and on eveuthing i touch and cause a rabies risk?

I had rabies post exposure shots 4 months ago.

Are my pants contiminated?, can i get rabies?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Let me assure you that unless you have raw cuts on your feet, there is no chance of transmission of rabies even if you accidentally stepped over the dead skunk or its brain matter. You would not get rabies from your pants. However, it would be avisable to change the pants when feasible.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Having a serious panic attack- Possibley ran over a skunk, 2 hours later
I do have cuts on my hands and had to wear my pants on a 3 hour airplane flight

I ran over the skunk with my truck. I didnt step on it and was worried that something splashed on my door

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the clarifications. The cuts on your hands do not matter unless your cuts were smeared with bodily secretions from the skunk.

You do not need to worry about the splash on the door. The pants would not be a cause for concern.

Follow-up: Having a serious panic attack- Possibley ran over a skunk, 9 minutes later
I assumed that 80 mph down the road for 20 min would kill any virus

I didn't see any visible secretions

So no worries

And I couldn't hurt anyone else

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries

Detailed Answer:
No need to worry at all.