Having a serious panic attack- Possibley ran over a skunk,

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Having a serious panic attack-

Possibley ran over a skunk, the skunk was already dead, i seerved to avoid it, i dont know if i hit it, i dont think so but i dont know

20 min later i got to the airport, my pants leg brushed against the door- is it possible that some brain material got on my door then on my pants and on eveuthing i touch and cause a rabies risk?

I had rabies post exposure shots 4 months ago.

Are my pants contiminated?, can i get rabies?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, you shouldn't worry because being vaccinated for rabies 4 months before you are fully protected and there is no risk for rabies.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: Having a serious panic attack- Possibley ran over a skunk, 2 hours later
Thanks -- but could i infect some one else because this stuff could be on my clothes

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
the rabies virus it will survive for a while outside the body, but not very

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for my late response.

You should know that the risk exist only if scratches, abrasions, open wounds, or mucous membranes of a nonvaccinated person could be contaminated with saliva or other potentially infectious material such as brain tissue from a rabid animal .
Furthermore, the rabies virus it will survive for a while outside the body, but not very long and become noninfectious when it dries out and when it is exposed to sunlight.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.