Having a robotic sound in ear, allergies to dust and mould, pain in ear. How to get relief?

I have a robotic sound in my right ear and everything sounds distorted and muffled, I have allergies to dust and mould and at the moment there is a lot of building work in my house, my ear has slight pain but the noises are making me really upset
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 54 minutes later

The abnormal sounds you hear and the mild pain makes me consider two possibilities here.

Allergic response in the ear as a result of the exposure to allergen nasally.Most of times organs which are in close contact with ones which are exposed to allergen also present with signs of allergy.

Response to allergy in the ear would be through hyper-secretion of the glands and mild inflammation which leads to such disturbances in hearing.

Such conditions are self limiting and can be easily cured by Anti histaminics.

Other possibility would be an infection in the eye which can be ruled out by detailed examination of the ear.

Do plug your ears with the cotton or a earplug. If there is any increase in the intensity of the pain then there would be a need for it to be examined by a ENT specialist.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.