Having a pulsating feeling on back of head. Feeling discomfort and not painful. Suggest the cure?

Nov 2013

My mother-in-law (age 66) had a pulsating (not painful) feeling on the back of her head last night. It has occurred about 14 days back also. During such a period, she is highly discomforted, although this is not painful. She is a non diabetic, non hypertensive and not under any medication for any ailment and otherwise healthy in all respects. Kindly let us know how to proceed on diagnosis and cure for such an ailment.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI of brain may be needed.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that the symptoms in your mother in law do not suggest any serious neurological problem.

It is suggestive of vascular migraine, sometimes, it can occur without headaches.

If symptoms recur, MRI of brain along with angiogram may be done to make sure there is no significant problem with blood vessels of brain.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Having a pulsating feeling on back of head. Feeling discomfort and not painful. Suggest the cure? 2 hours later
Thank you so much, it was reassuring. We'll get the necessary tests done and revert if possible
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:

Thank you and best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad