Having a pricking sensation in the eye. Not getting cured. Any treatment?

May 2013
I am having a pricking sensation in the eye. It started suddenly and has been on for one hour now. There are no other side-affects of any kind. The pricking sensation is more felt when I blink my eyes.

I tried washing my eyes to make sure no irritants has entered also. Please help.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

There is possibility that some foreign body like dust particle might have fallen into the eye.
That might have got stuck into the inner side of the eyelid or even after it got removed you are still having pricking sensation may be because of some small abrasion it caused.
Now you once again wash the eye with plain water.
You can sprinkle some water into the eye while keeping the eyelids open.
If still problem persists you can use lubricant drops like tears plus, which will give soothing effect and decrease pricking sensation.
If problem persists even after this better to go to ophthalmologist once to get examined. In case the foreign body still persists he can remove that in the same sitting.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.