Having a pins and needle type of sensation in hand. Also having headache, neck and shoulder pain. What to do?

I posted the below query last week: below are the details of my query and response received.
The symptoms have become worse as last night my entire arm (elbow to finger tips) was asleep and it took longer than usual to get it back to normal sensation. I had no feeling in that arm. I am facing pins and needle in my right hand(finger and palms only) also since since last night.
I have mild headaches almost at the same same time or 2-3 days before the hand symptoms started, these mild headaches mostly start in the evening at the back of the head.
i have neck and shoulder pain also for last many years(nothing extreme but as most computer working people have), but it is not severe and normal massage by my had for 2-3 minute relaxes it.

Copy pasting the previous interaction with healthmagic:
i am having a tingling/pins and needle type of sensation in left hand (only parts ie thumb, first finger and palm area under the thumb, by afternoon i can feel if in parts of second finger too)
i did not do anything strenuous or twist my arm etc.

Reply Received from the doctor:

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious neurological problem.
The most likely diagnosis in your case is median nerve, which enters the hand via a small tunnel at the wrist level, gets slightly compressed there. As a result, there is often pain and tingling in thumb, and the next three fingers, including palm. Symptoms may get worse at nights.
Initial treatment is with medications such as pregabalin or gabapentin.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by nerve conduction studies. Please consult a neurologist if symptoms persist.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI scan of the head and neck region

Detailed Answer:

Since the condition is getting worse involving the entire forearm and associated with pain in the neck there are possibilities for the cause to be in the neck. Any structural defect in the spine could lead to nerve compression and cause such symptoms.

I recommend you to get a MRI scan of the head and neck region to find out the exact cause for the problem.

If the above scans turn normal, then regular exercise with multivitamin supplements would suffice.

Hope, I answered your query.