Having a pin pointed pain in chest. Took megadol. Suggest some medication and diet

Orthopaedic Surgeon
1.i have a pin pointed pain in my right chest ie., . exactly near the curvey part in the middle ie., presternal region ( i am not a medical student ..i searched internet to define my pain ). . I am using megadol tablet and got relived little bit but when i used that table i could feel that the nerve is getting relaxed and that flows from right neck (right lesser supraclavicular fossa ) to above right jaw where in i can see that the nerve is getting relaxed after a pull . i still have little pain in my right chest. and also i have pain on my back. almost opposite side of this pain. is this is a nerve damage or tumor?. i also have a bad habit of not sitting straight on my bed (bed on the floor, i used double pillow) at the time of sleep every night. i have a bad posture i dont know how to correct myself. I use computer alot. i feel nerves are pulling in my neck. whats the best care that i can take to solve these problems. is there any kind of exercise that i need to do. is this any kind of tumor near my neck or in head that is causing my problem?
please suggest some kind of exercise or medication or diet where in i can improve my nerves in my neck.
2.I also would like to know if mastruabation causes any kind of effect on these nerves.
3. i many times sleep on my abdomen in the nights, is this causing extra strees on my neck.
4.i would also like to know if mastrubation causes erectile dysfuction.
now a days i feel a small pull in the nerves back of my head and above my eyes and also on the back of my neck. is this any indication of any kind of diseases ( i am a non smoker,non drinker, non vegitarian).
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist.

1. I have studied your case. It appears to be an occupation[excessive computer use] related problem. Other most likely reason could be costochondritis.

The cause of frequent problem -this kind of pain is due to compression of spinal nerve because of spinal disc bulge[ disc-is a soft cushion between two vertebrae]. Nerve compression lead to radiating pain [along chest or back or leg], which aggravated on long time sitting in same particular position.

Do cervical spine rotation exercises,lying on your stomach lift leg,then lift only head and chest,do suryanamaskar[sun salutation]
Do stretches and rotation of all joints

Here are my other useful suggestions for neck strengthening :
Avoid lifting weights , Avoid excessive stress on neck muscles
Sit with a support on your neck and back.
Take break every half hour while at office. Try to do some stretches and joint movements .

If the above do not help, you may need to see a Physiotherapist
Check your vit B12 level and vit D3 level through blood test.
If such patient come to my clinic I will investigate in the form of - X XXXXXXX chest and spine and if needed, MRI spine and management accordingly.

ANSWER to your other questions
1. Mastrubation do not affect your nerves.

2. Yes sleeping on abdomen can cause excessive pressure on your neck . You can take lateral position on one side so that your posture in sleep is maintained.

3 Excessive mastrubation may lead to weakness of musculature ,and can lead to erectile dysfunction but this is not main reason for erectile dysfunction.

Hope I answered your questions.

Follow-up: Having a pin pointed pain in chest. Took megadol. Suggest some medication and diet 8 hours later
Thank you for your advice doctor. I will follow the steps that u have suggested and see if there any improvement. Thank u very much

If you have no further enquiries, please close this discussion.

Follow-up: Having a pin pointed pain in chest. Took megadol. Suggest some medication and diet 23 days later
well thanks for the above suggestion doctor. i am avoiding to sleep on abdomen & doing exercise.I got relived from chest pain. I am not sitting before the PC for long hours. But there is that sensation in my neck still in the same place. I didnt undergo any kind of blood test to check b12 and D levels, but i have purchased few tablets ...
1.neurobion forte table of vitam b complex with b12 from merck
2.seacod cod liver oil capsules from sanofi
So do u recommend to try these before i go for the blood test and check it. Even the atmosphere in my place is rainy. or do you want me to go for the blood test first. Please do advise. Thank u Sir.
Hello again

Yes I recommend to do blood test and take medicine accordingly .

If neck symptoms are not relieved after Vit B 12 therapy, then you may need to do X XXXXXXX of neck. You may continue tablet till time.