Having a pain down from belly button. Had kidney stone before. What could be this?

General Surgeon
Question
Good afternoon, i am having a pain directly to the left and about 2 inches down from my belly button. No fever but it is like some one pinches me fir a few seconds really hard then it goes away and cones back again every few seconds/minutes. I am a female, not pregnant, 37 years old. I have had a kidney stone before but i only had pain in my lower back. Is this a kidney stone? I almost have a sick feeling when the pinching feeling comes on but it goes away when pain goes away. Do u have any suggestions? No fever, this is 3 day, getting worse and closer intervals.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be ureteric stone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Left side pain can be due to Ureteric stone.
Some times,one stone from the kidney falls into the ureter and gets blocked.when this stone tries to pass down causes severe pain. When it is halted,there will be no pain.
This On and Off pain is called spasmodic pain.
Get an ultrasound abdomen and confirm the diagnosis.
Till then, i prescribe anti inflammatory and antispasmodic Tablets to my patients with similar complaints.
If there are no stones,the pain could be due to infection of gut or musculoskeletal pain.
If you come back with ultrasound abdomen report, i will clarify further.
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Having a pain down from belly button. Had kidney stone before. What could be this? 16 minutes later
Thats what i was thinking too, not severe enough yet to run to the family doctor. Thank you. I will load up on water and medicine for a few days see what happens.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sometimes excess water intake doesnot work

Detailed Answer:
Hi
If there is block in left ureter,excess water will pass through right kidney.
You can feel normal and will not go for ultrasound.
You can try for few days.If you have small stone, ut will pass away.
Wish you speedy recovery

Follow-up: Having a pain down from belly button. Had kidney stone before. What could be this? 13 minutes later
I did not know that. I guess i will go to the family doctor if it is not better tomorrow morning. Thank you again.

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
waiting for your ultrasound report

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Eagerly waiting for your ultrasound report