Having a knot that reoccurs on top of foot after standing for long periods of time. What is this?

Infertility Specialist
Hi I am XXXXXXX I have a knot that reoccurs on top of my foot; sometimes without pain but of late painful especially when wearing shoes. It is soft and occurs after standing for long periods of time. What is this?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Varicose veins Detailed Answer: Hi, by your description it appears to be varicose vein. These are dilated veins that occur in leg and top of foot. They are painless generally. But later they may start to pain or itch. As a preventive measure to stop it from growing wear stockings when you need to stand for a long time. These prevent back flow of blood and formation of knots. This might give you pain relief too. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol