Having a horrible sinus infection. Accidentally took 2 875 augmentin tablets. What are the risks?

35 year old female- accidentally took 2 875 Augmentin tablets tonight. I am supposed to take 2 total a day and now I have taken 3. I'm 5'2 and 105 pounds and have a horrible sinus infection.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your question.

Taking 2 875 Augmention instead of the prescribed dose may not cause serious effects.

So there is no need to panic.

Get medical attention if you develop symptoms like abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea. If you do not have any of these symptoms, you need not worry.

Just one tablet of Augmentin above the prescribed dose may not be considered as real toxic "overdose".

I hope that answers your question.

If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini