Having a granular skin. Having a bump and area is turning white. Suggest the treatment?

I have a skin condition (don't remember the latin), granuar skin. Three of the spots got out of hand and grew together,overlapping. The overlap area is rough Anyway. About 3 weeks ago I noted that there was a little bump on the overlap area and the skin in that area was turning white. The bump grew to about 3/8 of an inch in diameter, was hard and very tender to the touch. It was also warm.

Cleaned the arm, used warm compress. Then gathered as much skin as I could get and gently squeezed. Lots of white matter came out of three different places very quickly as if under pressure like a pimple. Cleaned the arm and left it alone for 3 days.. Repeated the above process.

Bump is now about 5/8" in diameter, not hard and white, but has 3 surface scabs and is warm When a scab has fallen off there has been a small amount of white matter.
Should it not have cleared up by now?.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello ma'am.

I have gone through your query and viewed the attached image as well. From the events that took place, your initial condition could have been a simple inflammation of a hair follicle, fungal infection, bacterial infection, abscess, or other conditions that could have otherwise subsided on their own. But what seems to have complicated the condition is the fact that you applied pressure to the region, which may or may not have been done in sterile surroundings. The fact that the bump worsened after this particular event, could be a sign that this is what has resulted.

Let me explain what I mean by sterile surroundings; the skin naturally harbors numerous bacteria which do not/cannot enter, but when there is a break in the skin, this barrier is crossed, which can result in infections, caused by these otherwise harmless organisms.

My concern is that you may have allowed these organism to enter through the wound resulting in an infection. For this reason, I would kindly request you to visit a doctor and get your skin examined. If this is indeed an infection, then you will require antibiotic coverage, without which the presentation/bump will not clear. Please do not wait for it to settle on its own, please do not irritate it any further and do visit a doctor.

You may write back to me with any further clarifications, I am always available to help you ma'am.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Best of luck.