Having a firm moveable lump on collarbone. What could it be?

30 year old male. Have a firm moveable lump about 0.6cm on my collarbone. It seems to sit just underneath it and can be moved from underneath collarbone to top of collarbone. Its on right hand side and sits to the right almost where the collar bone starts to join to shoulder. Its close to surface of skin but not attached to skin. Again it seems to kick away when I touch it. Is this is normal lymph node? Hodgkins ? Limpoma ? Cyst or something else??
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 46 minutes later
Dear Mr. Markjohngrainger,

A lump or suspicious lymph node at the site you are describing can mean so many things. You need a complete physical examination to find if there are any other lumps or lymph nodes in your body. Many benign processes in the body can give rise to a lymph node and so also malignant processes. To rule it out, have your physicians opinion who will examine and advise necessary investigations if he feels the necessity.

You are welcome should you have any other query.

Dr. J. Ticku
Follow-up: Having a firm moveable lump on collarbone. What could it be? 2 hours later
Thanks. I'm going to see my GP in ten days time. I thought if the node was less than 1cm and moveable it was a good sign? I have no other symptoms and have felt for other enlarged nodes all over my body but can't find any.
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 16 hours later
Dear Markjohngrainger,
I am happy to note there is no other node in the body. As I told you earlier it may mean many things, may be a simple cyst or a post infective calcified node a normal thing but to confirm it let your physician examine it. Meantime as your seek the appointment in 10 days just keep observing it, nothing else.

Dr. J. Ticku