Having a family history of genetic predisposition for short arms. Suggest the treatment?

In the 400 years of medical history that I have of our family...we have a genetic predisposition for short arms. Seems also that those who display such, (2-5 inches) live much longer than those who seem to be the sized "normal." We are English, Irish, with no other.
We are direct decendants of what XXXXXXX calls "the mayflower people."
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Little to offer!

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The short arms of constitutional cause is a very phenomenon.

Obviously it can not be said a disease but a variation hat is why it has not affected the longevity in your family rather they are longer living.

Treatment side is also limited and unnecessary.
There is a method of surgery done in many stages which can lengthen the limbs with great success.
Similar features used to happen in 60s and S when there was a drug in use called Thalidomide, when given to pregnant ladies it used to cause shortening or even absence of limb in off spring. The problem was called phocomelia and it lead to banning of this drug world wide.

I find it strange why they should calls you family as May field people, as far as I know it was a big ship of voyagers mostly pilgrims randomly from London and France and about half of them died on the way to XXXXXXX due to disease and disaster.

I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!