Having a dry skin and getting acne during winter. Suggest some home remedies and effective medicine

Hello Doctor,

I have a dry skin and used to get acnes only during winter. Now the winter has started and i started to get acne. I have my marraige in another 20 days and i am afraid if the acnes may spoil my face.

Last year i had the same issue and i consulted the doctor in the month of APRIL. He prescribed me the gel SUPATRET gel. It worked well for me but this gel makes my skin so dry. In winter my skin is already dry and using this gel will make my skin very dry.

Could you please let me know if i can continue the use of this gel now? Also please suggest me some home remedies too if i cant use this gel.

Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Supatret is good and effective medication for acne.
Dryness can occur as a side effect of the medication.
You can avoid dryness by applying supatret for only 1 hour at night and then washing your face.
This time can further be reduced to 30 min application at night.
Cream is effective if applied over the area only for 30 min per day.

Also you can use Acnemoist cream daily 2 times.It is very good moisturizer and it will avoid dryness
and prevent acne.

Also you can use Benzac ac gel at night time for 1 hour .It will decrease the pimples effectively.
An anti acne face wash like AHAGLOW FACE WASH will be useful.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan
MD Skin.
Follow-up: Having a dry skin and getting acne during winter. Suggest some home remedies and effective medicine 54 minutes later
Thank you doctor.

Also due to dryness i have itching in my scalp. Also i m getting pimples in my back for the past 2-3 days. is this the dandruff? Could you please prescribe an anti dandruff shampoo.

Also i used to apply fresh aloe vera gel/tomato juice at night. If i use supatret gel shall i continue with this aloe vera also or i should not apply anything if i apply this supatret gel. Please advice.

Also while at night shall i apply moisturizer before going to sleep.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 8 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX

You can use SEBOWASH shampoo for dandruff.
Apply it on wet scalp .Keep it for 5 minutes .Wash it afterwards.

Do not apply tomato/aloe vera gel presently.Use Acnemoist cream it will do the job.
Also you can apply it overnight.
For acne over back you can apply benzoyl peroxide lotion.
It will take care of acne and dark spots .

Hope this helps.

Dr Sudarshan.

Follow-up: Having a dry skin and getting acne during winter. Suggest some home remedies and effective medicine 11 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor for your valuable advice.

I have one more question. I am getting married in another 20 days. Will this medicaton affect my pregnancy? Should i stop this after marriage? Please advice

Please advice me on the use of both the supatret gel and mosituriser after marriage.

Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 13 minutes later

Topical creams like benzoyl peroxide/supatret/acnemoist are extremely safe.
You can continue after marriage also.They will not cause any problem in pregnancy /childbirth.

Hope this helps.
If you are satisfied with the answer please accept the answer and rate it at the end.

Dr Sudarshan