Having a cut and feels like a pit and pink ring around. What could it be?

I have a cut, a good bit of skin was ripped off, it feels deep like a pit, pink ring around it... feels moist like the meat under the skin, I don't know how to describe it
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Topical soframycin ointment

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the picture attached and read your query too.

It seems like a superficial bacterial infection. The pink ring around it is the healthy granulation tissue that helps in faster healing.

Try using topical antibiotic like Soframycin ointment thrice daily for next few days until the wound heals completely.

You should be fine soon.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Having a cut and feels like a pit and pink ring around. What could it be? 5 minutes later
Thank You, I will do so... another question I had is a problem ive been having... At 10 years old I was I told I had ADD or ADHD, not sure exactly which one.. but now at 19 years old, I find myself spacing out, someone would tell me something and they think im ignoring them but I didn't receive anything they said, sometimes it feels like I have a short attention span at times, cant sit still, I have problems sleeping, I just feel completely lost at times
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Early intervention will help you

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

It is possible that you still have a few featurea of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) in you.

You would benefit largely by a few couseling sessions with an expert along with medications like Methyphenidate for short term use.

It would be ideal for you to consult a psycho-social counsellor at the earliest. Early intervention is good for you.

Hope this helps you. Please speak to someone close you about the same and ask their opinion.

Wish you good health.